LIFT THE VEIL ON THE SECRETIVE WORLD OF COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY
“Hi __your name__,
We saw your work and would love to talk to you about potentially shooting a project we have coming up for one of the brands we work with. The client really loves your work.
Are you available sometime this week to discuss pricing and timing?
Thanks and I look forward to talking to you,
ABC Advertising Agency
If that inquiry email dropped into your inbox today, would you know:
- what to say?
- what questions to ask?
- how to craft an estimate and price usage?
- what to include in your commercial photography contract?
- how to create a treatment that helps you get hired?
- how to increase your chances of winning a bid?
- how to negotiate?
- what to say during a creative call?
- how to plan and produce the shoot?
- what to expect on a commercial photo shoot?
- and all of the other details that go into commercial work?
IF YOU ANSWERED “NO” TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE, YOU NEED THIS PRODUCT.
What’s The Big Commercial Photography Bundle? It’s 520 total pages of information on commercial photography including 10 highly informative guides and 11 time-saving documents. All written in a simple, straightforward, non-intimidating way to make the content easy for you to digest. This bundle includes ALL of the content from all of the other educational bundles.
The guides and documents were designed to be supremely beneficial to photographers who are new to the challenging, secretive, and often confusing world of commercial photography.
The star of the show in this product is the 356-page Big Guide to Commercial Photography, which is a modern, no BS, real world view of the industry as it stands in 2018.
The ‘Big Guide’ is loaded with examples, resources and helpful links; and the chapters on bid/estimate creation, shoot preparation, and marketing are the heaviest on content.
For photographers who want to start off small, there’s the 56-page Commercial Photography for Small Businesses Guide that will help you learn how to add more revenue to your business right away by shooting for local small and medium-sized companies.
If you are ready to dip your toe in the pool of commercial photography and want to increase your revenue by potentially tens of thousands per year (or more), don’t wait until you receive an inquiry like the one above.
Buy the guide and documents today, study and learn the content, be ready to land bids when you get inquiries, and start making more money TODAY.
21 UNIQUE ELEMENTS: 10 GUIDES + 11 DOCUMENTS: 520 TOTAL PAGES
(The guides that are also available in smaller bundles are hyperlinked)
The Big Commercial Photography Guide 356 page PDF
The Big List of Assignment Questions 5 page PDF
Fees & Expenses Glossary of Terms 27 page PDF
First-time clients guide 10 page PDF
Estimate / Bid Terms & Conditions (e.g. Commercial Photography ‘Contract’ ) 7 page PDF
Real World Work-for-Hire Pitch 8 page pdf
Commercial Photography Treatment 15 page PDF
Commercial Animal Photography Mini-Guide 31 page PDF
Bid Descriptions & Details Document 12 pages
Commercial Photography Marketing Resource List 15 page PDF
(The documents that are also available in smaller bundles are hyperlinked)
6 Real-Life Commercial Photography Bids from $2,400-$98,000.
4 awarded and 2 not awarded. 6 pages of PDFs
Bid #1: $2,400
Bid #2: $9,995
Bid #3: $16,325
Bid #4: $45,700
Bid #5: $59,600
Bid #6: $98,410
1 Adult commercial model release (pages, word and PDF versions)
1 Minor commercial model release (pages, word and PDF versions)
1 Animal model release (pages, word and PDF versions)
Change Order Form 1 page pdf
Call Sheet template 1 page excel
‘I’ve spent hours on-line trying to find the information I needed, some information I found – a lot I didn’t – and Jamie has put together a concise, easy-to-read and comprehensive guide to selling your work in the commercial world. If you are contemplating seeing your photographs in the commercial world, run to buy this guide!’ – Cathy P.
PREFER TO START SMALL?
If the thought of working with a big advertising agency intimidates you, but you still want to get started with commercial photography, start small. The 56-page Commercial Photography for Small Businesses Guide will show you how to work for small and medium-sized local businesses, from pitching and pricing, to crafting images with commercial appeal and getting referrals to other local businesses. (This guide can also be purchased separately in the Commercial Photography for Small Businesses Bundle.)
With the Commercial Photography for Small Businesses guide you can start adding additional revenue to your business right away, without having to wait for the ‘big clients’.
GET THE GUIDE FOR FREE
Do you have a social media/newsletter/blog following of portrait/pet/wedding/child/fashion/other photographers who may be interested in the guide?
If you answered “yes”, sign up for our Affiliate Program, promote the guide link to your followers/fans, generate 25% commissions on each sale, and after you’ve referred a handful of sales, you can use the funds in your Affiliate Account wallet to ‘purchase’ the guide for free!
(Even if you don’t accrue enough referral commissions to pay for the guide, you can use any amount of wallet funds toward your purchase!)
Learn more about our Affiliate Program here.
1) The guides and documents are designed for skilled and established professional photographers of any genre who are new (or newish) to commercial photography. They were created with the assumption that the photographer already has an established business and is looking to add commercial photography to their services.
2) The guides were written with U.S.-based photographers in mind. The prices are all in USD ($), the references are all to American companies, and the usage fees are based on industry standards in the U.S.
3) The guide & documents are heavy on the business side of traditional commercial photography, which is working for an agency (ad agency, design firm, marketing firm), who is representing a brand that is the agency’s client.
4) The Big Guide to Commercial Photography does not include any of the following:
- information on photography, lighting, editing or retouching how-to’s (‘how to take pictures’, ‘how to use lighting’, ‘how to edit photos’, etc)
- information on editorial/magazine photography
- information on selling images as stock through stock agencies (with the exception of pricing usage licenses)
- information on working as an hourly or salaried employee photographer for a company
- information on ‘influencer’ photography (e.g. selling space and photography on your social media accounts)
5) Client information is redacted from all bids and sample treatment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Because this is the only guide to commercial photography of it’s kind that exists, and because of the comprehensive nature of it’s contents, we imagine you have questions.
We’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions here, but if you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out to the author Jamie Piper and she’ll be happy to provide whatever additional information you need to make a decision about whether the product is right for your needs.
Who is this for?
The guides and documents are designed for established professional photographers of any genre who are new (or newish) to commercial photography. They were created with the assumption that the photographer already has an established business and is looking to add commercial photography to their services. The guides and documents will benefit new photographers too, but all of the guide content assumes that the reader’s photography and editing skills are advanced enough to be prepared for commercial assignments, and that they have a professional website and processes set up for working with clients. (Invoicing, emails, etc). The guides were written with U.S.-based photographers in mind. The prices are all in USD$, the references are all to American companies, and the usage fees are based on industry standards in the U.S. If you are a photographer based outside of the U.S. you should find the guides helpful and informative, but you’ll need to do research on industry standards in your geographical area when it comes to things like commercial pricing and legal considerations.
When was this published?
Can I buy the 356-page Big Guide separately?
Unfortunately, no. The Big Guide to Commercial Photography cross-references all of the other elements in the bundle. The Big Guide and all elements of the bundle were all designed to function as a set. Plus, if you need the information in the Big Guide, you definitely need all of the other elements that are included.
Can I buy any of the guides, documents, contracts, releases or forms separately?
Yes! We also have the following smaller ‘mini bundles’, that contain most of the information that’s in the ‘Big Bundle’, broken down into smaller packages:
Who wrote the guide?
Jamie Piper, a commercial animal photographer and author of Beautiful Beasties, a Creative Guide to Modern Pet Photography. Although the focus of Jamie’s 15-year photography career has always been animals, her commercial photograph experience and education translates to any photography genre. It’s all the same except for the models in front of the camera.
Can I print the 356-page big guide?
Can I use some of the documents in my business?
Yes. The model releases, call sheet, change order form, estimate / bid terms & conditions and first-time clients guide were designed for you to use in the course of your business in a client-facing capacity.
Do you have an affiliate program?
Yes, we do! Not only can you earn 25% on every guide sale you refer, you can also make purchases using a wallet, which means if you want the guide yourself, all you need to do is refer a handful of sales to us and you can ‘buy’ the guide for free! Read more about our Affiliate Program here.
Are the included bids make-believe or are they real?
The included bids are real bids that were sent to real clients for real projects. Four of the six bids were awarded and two were not. The bids represent a variety of different projects at different price points.
Is follow-up support and consulting included in the price?
No. Although we are happy to provide clarifications about anything in the guides, for ongoing or additional support we recommend reaching out to one of the consultants listed at the end of the Big Guide to Commercial Photography. These are individuals and companies who specialize in providing personalized editing, marketing, and/or estimating services to commercial photographers. The guides are also loaded with links to additional (free) resources for commercial photography that you should find very helpful.
Do you have an ePub version of the Big Guide to Commercial Photography?
Not yet but it’s something we are working on. Please send the author Jamie Piper an email with your request if you’d like to purchase an ePub version once it’s released.
What if I change my mind after I download everything? Can I get a refund?
Sorry, no. Refunds won’t be granted for any reason after the product has been purchased. We feel that we’ve provided enough information about the product for you to make an informed decision, but if you still have questions before purchasing, please reach out to us.
How do I download the files after I purchase them?
After you complete your purchase you will be automatically forwarded to your account page where you can download the single zip file containing all of the documents, guides and forms. If you prefer to wait to download the file, you may return to your account at any time after purchase, visit the downloads tab, and click on the file name in the ‘downloads’ column. (The file is a zip file). The download link will not expire.
If I have a problem with purchasing or downloading, what do I do?
Technology is weird sometimes but never fear, we’ll help you out and get you taken care of. Just drop us an email.
HOW TO BUY
Just click the ‘add to cart’ button below and continue to the quick and easy checkout.
The Big Commercial Photography Bundle
$299.00 (a $590 value)
The 356-page Big Commercial Photography Guide, plus 9 additional guides, and 11 documents and forms totaling 520 pages.
Includes information you need to know to properly:
- communicate with prospective commercial clients
- estimate and bid jobs
- calculate usage fees
- negotiate prices
- work with small and local businesses
- create a marketing plan
- get your first client
- deliver files
- work with clients for the first time
- craft a commercial photography ‘contract’ (e.g. terms & conditions)
- prepare a treatment
- prepare for a commercial photo shoot
- understand the realities of the industry
- AND SO MUCH MORE….
This is a digital product that will be available for immediate download after purchase.
**Notice: Neither CPR Commercial Photographer’s Resources nor the author Jamie Piper are a law firm or attorney, and we do not provide legal advice. The documents in this bundle are for business reference, and we highly recommend having a lawyer review your agreements prior to using them for your business. By purchasing this bundle you agree to the Terms and Conditions.**
The 356-page Big Commercial Photography Guide, plus 9 additional guides, and 11 documents and forms totaling 520 pages.
Includes the following 10 guides:
- The Big Commercial Photography Guide (356 pages)
- Commercial Photography for Small Businesses Guide. (Also available separately in the Commercial Photography for Small Businesses Bundle.)
- The Big List of Assignment Questions
- Fees & Expenses Glossary of Terms. (Also available separately in the Commercial Photography Pricing Bundle.)
- First-time clients guide. (Also available separately in the Commercial Photography for Small Businesses Bundle.)
- Estimate / Bid Terms & Conditions (Commercial Photography Contract ) (Also available separately in the Commercial Photography Contracts & Releases Bundle)
- Real World Work-for-Hire Pitch
- Commercial Photography Treatment
- Commercial Animal Photography Mini-Guide. (Also available separately in the Commercial Animal Photography Bundle.)
- Bid Descriptions & Details Document. (Also available separately in the Commercial Photography Pricing Bundle.)
- Commercial Photography marketing resource list. (Also available separately in the Commercial Photography Marketing Bundle.)
Includes the following 11 documents and forms:
- 6 Real-Life Commercial Photography Bids from $2,400-$98,000. (Also available separately in the Commercial Photography Pricing Bundle.)
- Adult commercial model release (pages, word and PDF versions)
- Minor commercial model release (pages, word and PDF versions)
- Animal model release (pages, word and PDF versions)
- Change Order Form
- Call Sheet template
The releases, change order form and call sheet are also available separately in the Commercial Photography Contracts & Releases Bundle.
The bundle provides a 37% savings over buying each component separately.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.